Wednesday, March 31, 2010
2011 Mitsubishi All-New CUV At-A-Glance
Wed, Mar 31, 2010
The all-new 2011 crossover utility vehicle enhances the Outlander family with a fresh blend of stylish design, premium features, and high capability. With enhanced fuel efficiency, class-leading aerodynamics and an available All-Wheel Control (AWC) system, the new vehicle brings premium value to the entry-level crossover utility vehicle (CUV) market. The crossover gets a 148hp MIVEC-equipped 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a five-speed manual transmission in value-rich ES models. A six-speed magnesium paddle-shifted CVT transmission is available in ES models and is standard in premium SE models.
With a highly efficient four-cylinder engine and a compact, lightweight body, the entry level CUV is designed from the ground up for "smart" performance. Recycled plastic front fenders give the crossover increased dent resistance and a reduction in weight. Combined with an energy-recycling regenerative braking system, eco-friendly technology such as the parasitic drag-reducing electric power steering (EPS), thinner body steel, low rolling resistance tires, and wind tunnel-tested aerodynamics help it reach the 31mpg mark on the highway.
Balanced between efficiency and traction, the SE's available AWC electronically controlled 4WD system is engineered for any driving situation. AWC uses a driver selectable knob for 2WD, 4WD Auto and 4WD Lock modes. With the ability to distribute power evenly and still maintain high fuel economy, AWC increases handling, stability, and traction through all conditions.
Just over a foot shorter than the Outlander model, the new CUV shares its sibling's capable stance and feature-rich package, all while adding increased fuel economy. A dynamic new shape and refined aerodynamics give it a class-leading 0.33 coefficient of drag, beating the Hyundai Tucson, Mazda CX7, and Subaru Forester. This slippery shape also helps increase both fuel efficiency and acceleration.
Accented with Mitsubishi's distinctive "jet fighter" front grille treatment, the new crossover comes equipped with LED rear combination taillights and the SE model features Super wide range High Intensity Discharge (S-HID) headlamps. With two new exterior paint options, Mercury Gray and Laguna Blue, and available 18-inch alloy wheels on SE models, the new crossover is available in a variety of exciting exterior combinations.
With a curb weight of just 3,042-lb., the entry-level CUV weighs less than the Nissan Rogue (3,281-lb.), Hyundai Tucson (3,179-lb.), and Mazda CX7 (3,496-lb.). This reduction in weight was achieved through the use of thinner steel in the hood, tailgate, and doors, recycled plastic front fenders, and new interior materials. In addition to being lightweight, the CUV's structure is also rigid and safe, with a Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) body design and multiple crush zones.
The bold design continues into the interior, which is packed with premium features. Standard is a full color, high contrast LCD instrument display and SE models also feature the One touch Start System (OSS). A seven-airbag safety system with side, curtain, and a driver's knee airbag is standard, covered in a premium grained, soft padded treatment across the dashboard and door trim. Interior volume and storage space are
both maximized on the five-passenger CUV, which seems even larger with the spacious view of the available LED-accented Panoramic Glass Roof.
Showcasing a premium, value-minded list of features, the new crossover features many cutting edge entertainment and driver's aid technologies. Standard across all models are Active Stability Control (ASC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), and Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS). All models also feature iPOD/USB and MP3 auxiliary input jacks. SE models add automatic climate control, rain-sensing windshield wipers, FAST-key passive keyless entry, and the FUSE Hands-free Link System. Available on SE models is a 710W nine-speaker Rockford Fosgate sound system and a 40GB hard disk drive-based navigation system with 7-in. LCD display screen.
The all-new crossover utility vehicle is also available with a host of customization packages, which allow stylish and active buyers to personalize to their taste. The Exterior Sport Package, Protection Package, Interior Package, Illumination Package, and Cargo Package allow the Crossover to fit with nearly any owner and lifestyle.
Wheelbase: 105.1 in.
Length: 169.1 in.
Height: 64.2 in.
Width: 69.7 in.
Curb Weight: 3,042-lb. (ES 5-speed manual)
Major Standard Features (ES)
* 148hp DOHC MIVEC 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine (PZEV version: 143hp)
* Full color, high contrast LCD instrument display
* Electric Power Steering (EPS)
* Five-speed manual transmission with available six-speed magnesium paddle-shifted CVT
* 16-in. alloy wheels
* Active Stability Control (ASC)
* Hill Start Assist (HSA)
* Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
* Regenerative braking system
* Lightweight plastic front fenders
* Front "jet fighter" grille and bumper
* Chrome grille surround
* Steering wheel audio system controls
* LED combination taillights
* Driver and front passenger air bag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors, side and curtain air bags, and driver's seat knee air bag
* 60/40 split-folding rear seat with pass-through
* Heated outer side view mirrors
* Air conditioning
* Cruise control
* Power door locks and side view mirrors
* Power windows with driver's one-touch up/down
* Tilt and telescoping-adjustable steering column
* IPOD/USB and MP3 auxiliary input jacks
* FUSE Hands-free Link System
SE adds over ES:
* Standard CVT transmission with steering column-mounted magnesium paddle shifters
* Available All-Wheel Control (AWC) electronically controlled 4WD system
* Automatic climate control system
* 18-in. aluminum alloy wheels
* Fog lamps with chrome bezel
* FAST-key passive entry system
* One-touch Start System (OSS)
* Automatic climate control
* Automatic on/off headlamps
* Rain-sensing windshield wipers
* 3D-embossed premium seat fabric
* S-HID headlamps
* Heated driver and front passenger seats
* Sliding center front armrest
* Deluxe audio system with six speakers
Option Packages (SE only):
Premium Package: Panoramic Glass Roof with LED accent lighting, 710W nine-speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system, Sirius XM Radio with 3-month subscription, and black roof rails.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
MITSUBISHI MOTORS (UK) ANNOUNCES i-MiEV UK PRICING AND SPECIFICATIONS
Tuesday, 23 March 2010 – CIRENCESTER, UK
Mitsubishi Motors (UK) is pleased to announce the on-sale price of the Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle – the i-MiEV.
Price and Incentives
For orders delivered to the customer from January 1st 2011, to coincide with the UK government’s recently announced Consumer Incentive Scheme, the price has been set at £38,699 including VAT. The government grant will be worth £5,000 off the purchase price of qualifying electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, making the transaction price £33,699 including VAT.
The ultra-low running costs of the i-MiEV are a key advantage over other cars, with additional incentives including:
* Only £115 fuel costs for 12,000 miles driving (£0.96 pence for a full charge)
* Low servicing costs and downtime – only approximately 4 working parts compared to over 300 in a typical internal combustion engine
* Exempt from road tax (saving approx £300 per annum)
* First year capital allowances for fleet vehicles
* Zero benefit-in-kind company car tax
* Lower rate of VAT for domestic electricity
* Exempt from congestion charge (saving up to £2,000 per annum)
* Free parking in many London boroughs and cities such as Milton Keynes
* Expected high residual values due to high demand outstripping supply for several years to come
Lance Bradley, Mitsubishi Motors UK’s MD
Lance Bradley, Mitsubishi Motors UK’s Managing Director, said:
“These are exciting times for the motor industry in the UK. This is the biggest change in the automotive industry since it began some one hundred years ago, so to be able to offer our zero emissions car for this price is a truly great achievement.
We are aware that, by their very nature, any new technologies always command a premium, which has been true for anything from plasma televisions to cars. Others make price claims and estimations, but we have a real vehicle that is available now and is proven in the real world.”
Mitsubishi’s newly opened Electric Vehicle Centre in Central London has already taken its first orders for delivery in January, and enquiry levels have soared following the Government’s consumer incentive announcement on 25th February.
The Mitsubishi Electric Vehicle Centre has been operational for customer enquiries and demonstrations since mid-February and customers can contact the Centre on 0207 546 8331 or via email at email@example.com.
Personalise with Bespoke Accessories
The i-MiEV’s award-winning design makes a big statement in its own right, but Mitsubishi Motors (UK) will also be offering a bespoke accessory programme for the i-MiEV.
Customers will be able to fully personalise their car from a wide range of environmentally friendly and premium accessories including floor mats made from bio-degradable bamboo fibre; specialist leather seat trims including a monogram service; and a special collection of exterior vehicle designs – from Union Jack Flags to special customer requests.
The European Whole Type Vehicle Approved i-MiEV has been engineered to achieve a target Euro NCAP crash test rating of 4-stars and illustrates that customers do not need to compromise in any area.
The days of the ‘milk float’ mentality are truly over as the following specification proves.
* Zero CO2 tailpipe emissions
* Top speed 81 mph
* Range 80 miles (EU combined mode, estimated)
* Seating capacity – 4 adults, plus luggage
* 12-months / 12,500 miles service intervals
* 3-year warranty and pan-European accident and breakdown cover
* Kerb weight – 1,105 KG
* Dimensions – 3,475 (l) x 1,475 (w) x 1,610 (h)
* 47kW AC permanent magnet synchronous motor (max power)
* 1-speed fixed gear
* Front McPherson strut and coil spring suspension
* Rear 3-link de Dion suspension
* Front stabilizer bars
* Front 14" ventilated disc brakes
* Rear 8" drum brakes
* 9" master vac brake boosters
* ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)
* Brake assist
* ASC (Active Stability Control)
* Alloy wheels
* All-round ‘green’ glass
* Colour-keyed front bumper
* Projector type halogen headlamps with levelling device
* Variable intermittent windshield wiper and washers
* Black foldable and electronically controlled door mirrors
* Rear combi LED lamps with clear glass
* Colour-keyed rear bumper with rear fog lamp
* Roof Spoiler with High-mount stop lamp
* Tailgate intermittent wiper and washer
* All-round electric windows
* Central door locking with keyless entry
* Driver’s and front passenger’s SRS front airbags
* Side and curtain air bags
* 3-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel
* Leather wrapped shift knob
* Headlamp levelling device
* Odo and Twin trip and Rest driving range meter
* EV system check warning indicator
* Activation complete buzzer and indicator
* Battery remaining indicator
* Dusk sensor
* Glove box with card holder
* Instrument panel secret box (above glove box)
* Front cup holders (floor console, front of the passenger)
* Electrical manual air conditioner with deodorant filter
* Front 2 speakers and Front 2 tweeters
* Seat belt warning (driver, front passenger)
* Front passenger air bag cut off switch
* ASC on/off switch
* Brakeforce regeneration
* Lightweight electronic power steering
* On-board recharging system with cable (flat-to-full in 6-hours, 240V 13 A input)
* On-board rapid charging system (flat-to-80% in 30 minutes)
* Energy-saving drive mode (reduces output to 18kW)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Mitsubishi Lancer with LPG at no extra charge
* Price advantage of up to 2,500 euros
* Promotion runs until 31 March 2010
Hattersheim 18 March 2010. Mitsubishi stepped up its umweltbetonte product strategy with new models for the combined (dual fuel) operating on gasoline and liquefied petroleum gas "LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas).
Until 31 March 2010 is the special "Lancer LPG at no extra charge" immediately available when purchasing a Lancer Sportback Lancer sports sedan or a 1.5 and 1.8 petrol model - from the equipment line Inform - the customer an LPG / LPG system to receive free including installation. This gives customers an advantage of up to 2,500 euros.
It is given to the full Mitsubishi warranty for three years or 100,000 kilometers.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Tokyo, March 15, 2010
Establishment of CHAdeMO Association
TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
NISSAN MOTOR COMPANY
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION
FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES Ltd.
THE TOKYO ELECTRIC POWER CO., INC.
TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION (Toyota), NISSAN MOTOR COMPANY (Nissan), MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION (Mitsubishi Motors), FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES Ltd. (Fuji Heavy Industries), and THE TOKYO ELECTRIC POWER COMPANY, INC.(TEPCO), have formally established "CHAdeMO Association" under the resolution of its general assembly held today. The five companies above have become its executive members.
CHAdeMO Association aims to increase quick-charger installations worldwide indispensable to further diffusion of electric vehicles and to standardize how to charge the vehicles. Last August, Nissan, Mitsubishi Motors, Fuji Heavy Industries, and TEPCO started a preparatory committee. Then, TOYOTA joined the committee and the Association has been established with the five companies as its executive members.
As of today, 158 business entities and government bodies including 20 foreign companies are expected to join the Association, such as automakers, electric utilities, charger manufacturers, charging service providers, and other supporting groups.
Electric vehicles(including Plug In Hybrid electric vehicles) can contribute enormously to reduction of CO2 emissions in the transportation sector. The Association is going to promote the electric vehicles through the efforts of technical improvements of quick chargers, standardization activities of charging methods, and international extension of our knowledge related to quick-charger installations.
General Outline of "CHAdeMO Association"
1. What is "CHAdeMO"?
"CHAdeMO" is a trade name of quick charging method that this Association is proposing globally as an industry standard.
"CHAdeMO" is an abbreviation of "CHArge de MOve", equivalent to "charge for moving", and is a pun for "O cha demo ikaga desuka" in Japanese, meaning "Let's have a tea while charging" in English.
This logo means smiles which associate a bright future and happiness with a combination of the circuit symbol of battery representing "Charge", and a dynamic curving line representing "Move".
This ecological green is the color of "Green Tea".